Nobody Said It Was Gonna Be Easy....

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Thirty Two is Like the Worst Idea That I Have Ever Had....



I'm a day behind already, not the best way to get this started!!! 

So the first assignment is to find pictures that represent 2012.  2012 was without a doubt the biggest roller coaster year of my life...There's a lyric in a Paramore song that I love... "Twenty Two is like the worst idea that I have ever had".  For me though, it's "Thirty Two is like the worst Idea that I have ever had"...thus the title of this post....
Love me when I need it most....

Looking at this picture, no one could ever imagine the significance that this moment in time holds.  This was taken January 9, 2012 at Chickies Rock Overlock.  January will forever be remembered for me as the 31 day period that completely turned my life upside down.  I went in the hospital on January 3...The next three days taught me more than any short period of time ever had.  Friends, loved ones, priorities--everything took on a new meaning.  This photo marks the emergence of a new me: the me that many were holding their breath wondering if they would ever see. 

The best things in life....

Beautiful girls in a beautiful place...of course that's what you see!  Maui is more than just exquisite waters, lush rain forests, calming beaches...Maui is my life tether...the place that brings me back no matter what.  July of 2000 I married my soulmate at Makena Beach Cove.  In March of this year I found myself questioning everything about myself; my world had been turned upside down and I had no idea who I really was and where I should be going.  We took our two beautiful daughters to the place where we vowed to be family; bringing them here brought the four of us full circle.  It also was the point I knew that I would find my way.


Letting go is often the hardest part...
Losing someone who is a big part of your life is difficult.  Blaming yourself for their death is unbearable.  I know.  August 2010 I vowed to write a memoir to honor the memory of a friend.  July 2012 I finally made it to the end.  I realized I had been avoiding this moment out of fear of forgetting once the daily reminder no longer lingered..... Knowing that forced me to write the conclusion.  This book is definitely not loved by all who read it, but it's my soul, my memories and my life.  It's the most important words I will ever bare....

Some things never change....

This was taken in October.  Really that bears no signicance.  These two have been in my life for twenty years now.  They are my proof that no matter what, true friends are there.  Sure, it's a cliche, but I don't care.  These two girls have always been there for me, and I have no doubt they always will.  They could care less about my mistakes, my ups and downs...they simply love me for me.  It's rare we find one friend like this in a lifetime...I'm very fortunate to have them.

A Family is a little world created by love...

This photo was taken two weeks ago.  It really doesn't need much explanation.  Earlier in the year I questioned my purpose, my future.  Looking at this brings it in focus; the reason for my existence was always there, I just needed to realize that.

No comments:

Post a Comment