Nobody Said It Was Gonna Be Easy....

Monday, December 10, 2012

A book Can Set You Free...

This July I completed a novel that I had been working on for almost two years! Spirit of Sisterhood was inspired by the death of my friend Jeniffer, who passed away in August of 2010. I wanted a way to keep the memories of our seventeen year friendship alive; I knew immediately that writing would be the key.

The characters in this story are all based on my high school friends. The book looks back on our experiences that we shared and the relationships that we built. Although I relied on memories and a little imagination to write this, it turned out to be much more difficult to write than I ever could have thought.

Two problems stared me right in the face. The first being that I had to relive some very difficult times, which brought about a lot of emotions. The second was worrying about tarnishing Jens memory in any way.

In the end, I feel I made all the right choices when it came to creating this story. It is one of my proudest accomplishments. I know without doubt that Jen would feel the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment