Nobody Said It Was Gonna Be Easy....

Monday, December 3, 2012

My own worst enemy is me....

Unplugged: that's the assignment of this second blog. Sounds simple to most people... I am not most people.

To be frank, this assignment frightens the hell out of me....

Technology does distract us from ourselves; I'm sure many people do need that time to withdraw and relax. Spending time alone with yourself and reflecting can be an amazing adventure... As long as you're the type of person you want to spend solitary time with.

Therein is where my issue lies; I am not that person. Not yet anyways. I'm working on it, but I'm not ready. Spending time alone with my thoughts is a scary and dangerous thing. My thoughts can be vicious, unwanted... And they sometimes lead to self destruction.

Yes technology is a distraction; unnecessary for many. But for me it's a savior ... At least for now. I'm a work in progress, on a long path to redemption; until I reach my destination I'd rather not remove my crutch.

No comments:

Post a Comment