Nobody Said It Was Gonna Be Easy....

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Outside the Comfort Zone...

Making something new to eat...

I just so happened to receive a wok as a gift yesterday. I wanted to try it out and stir fry is a favorite in our house; to complete this assignment, however, I had to do something different. I decided to make my own stir fry sauce.

After slicing chicken, broccoli, onions and red / peppers, I heated up the wok and put a little oil in. I had a choice, either make the sauce separately or mix it in the wok that was full of veggies and chicken. I picked the latter. First I poured in soy sauce, about half a bottle. Next I pressed two garlic cloves and dropped them in. After that I added in about a tablespoon of homemade dried crushed chiles. This was followed by two cups of chicken broth. Finally, I sprinkled in a half cup of cornstarch as a thickening agent.

Both my husband and I agreed that this was the best stir fry I had ever made!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment